Lexus has upgraded the LX 570 S flagship SUV with key design changes, raising its level of urban sophistication thanks to the adoption of elegant new styling cues.
Available in dealerships now, the new-look LX 570 S can be distinguished by a redesigned, trademark-Lexus spindle grille and front bumper skirts, and new wheels.
A new block-mesh insert for the spindle grille replaces the previous wire-mesh insert to create a formalised yet sportier appearance.
Approximately 70 gloss-black 'blocks' are employed, with those positioned to the left and right of the central Lexus badge angled towards the middle of the vehicle to create an impression of powerful forward movement.
The block-mesh insert also reflects a similar pattern used in the flagship Sports Luxury grade of the Lexus RX - creating cohesive, distinguished Lexus SUV styling.
The front bumper skirts have also been revised, with horizontal lines removed from the outer section of the skirts for more seamless integration of key design attributes.
Two-tone wheels make their debut in the LX 570 S, with a silver fascia and gloss black inserts following the colour scheme used in the Lexus LC sports car.
The new 10-spoke 21-inch wheel design replaces the previous, monotone gloss black wheels to provide greater visual depth and intrigue.
The Lexus LX 570 S is further distinguished by a moulded 'S' badge on the tailgate, front and rear performance dampers that improve body rigidity and steering stability, alloy pedals and door courtesy lamps with 'LX S' projector illumination.
Inside, the luxury semi-aniline perforated leather trim is available in Black or, exclusively for this variant, a rich burgundy colour named Garnet. Shimamoku Grey ornamentation is also unique to the LX 570 S.
Exterior colours include Sonic Quartz and Starlight Black.
LX 570 S utilises a 5.7-litre V8 engine with 270kW of power and 530Nm of torque, and an eight-speed automatic transmission. It is capable of towing up to 3500kg (braked) and can carry 138 litres of petrol with 93-litre main/45-litre sub tanks.
Lexus Encore Platinum membership is standard with every LX as a demonstration of the Lexus commitment to industry-leading customer care.
Across their three-year Encore Platinum membership, LX customers will enjoy more of the ultimate luxury and their most precious commodity, the luxury of time.
Accessed via the state-of-the-art Lexus App, Encore Platinum members gain more time to enjoy shopping with eight valet parking vouchers validated at participating Westfield shopping centres nationwide and Chadstone Shopping Centre in Melbourne.
Encore Platinum membership also unlocks more time to enjoy travel and experience the luxury of convenience with Lexus on Demand - which offers the freedom to swap into another Lexus that best suits an owner's lifestyle or the needs of an occasion.
With the flexibility of booking via the Lexus App in real time, owners gain access to Lexus vehicles 'on demand' at the Qantas valet of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth airports, or a select Lexus dealership.
A new LX owner can swap into another Lexus on four occasions, up to eight days each, over the course of the three-year membership period.
They could borrow a Lexus RC F or LC sports coupe for the ultimate driving weekend - or the Lexus LS upper-large sedan for the ultimate in luxury mobility.
Lexus Australia Chief Executive Scott Thompson said the new-look LX 570 S provides a stylish option for luxury customers who prefer a sportier LX.
"The LX is our most popular L Series model thanks to its combination of maximum luxury, incredible capability and renowned Lexus care with the industry-leading Encore Platinum owner benefits program as standard," Mr Thompson said.
"The new-look LX 570 S further broadens the appeal of this flagship luxury SUV with sporty, yet subtle design touches and a focus on enhancing its urban appeal."
2021 Lexus LX pricing5
LX 450d highlights
|LX 450d |
LX 570 Enhancement Pack
LX 570 S
• 5 seat capability
• 4.5 Litre V8 Turbo Diesel Engine
• Maximum Power of 200kW
• Maximum Torque of 650Nm
• 6-speed Automatic Transmission with Sequential and Paddle Shift
• Fuel consumption (Combined) - 9.5 L/100km1
• Drive Mode Select - COMFORT, ECO, NORMAL, CUSTOMISE, SPORT S and SPORT S+
• 3,500kg Braked Towing Capacity
• 93L Capacity Fuel Tank
• Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)
• 4-camera Multi Terrain Monitor (MTM) with Under-vehicle View
• Multi Terrain Select (MTS) Speed Crawl control with off-road Turn Assist2
• Three-height Active Height Control (AHC) with easy access mode
• Full-time Four Wheel Drive with lockable centre TORSEN®3
• Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS)
• Double Wishbone Front Suspension
• Multi-link Rear Suspension
• 20" Alloy Wheels
• Triple-stack LED Headlights with LED Cornering Lights
• LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) with Sequential LED Indicators
• LED Front Foglights
• Rear Spoiler
• Slimline Roof Rails
• Power Upper Tailgate
• Keyless Smart Entry (4 door)
• Clearance and Reversing Sonar (8-head)
• Rain Sensing Wipers
• Self-dimming, Heated Exterior Mirrors with Memory
• Rear and Rear-side Privacy Glass
• 12.3" Multimedia screen with Lexus Remote Touch Controller
• Satellite Navigation System
• Colour Head Up Display (HUD)
• Leather Accented Interior
• Power Operated Front Seats with Drivers Seat Memory
• Quad Zone Lexus Climate Concierge
• Centre Armrest Cool box
• Manual Second Row Window Sunshades
• Front Seat Heaters
• Smart Start, Push Button Start and Electric Park Brake
• Touch-sensitive Interior Front Lights
• Front and second row accessory connectors
• Rear 220V accessory socket with AU wall plug-style connector
• 4.2" Colour Multi Information Display (MID)
• Digital Radio4
with Time Shift
• Wireless Mobile Device Charger
• 40:20:40 Split Fold 2nd Row Seats with Fold and Tumble
• Power-slide 2nd Row Seats
• Dual 2nd Row Child Restraint Anchors
• Power Steering Column Adjust
• 4-camera Panoramic View Monitor2
• Ten SRS Airbags
• Pre-Collision Safety System2
(PCS) including Pre-Collision Braking (PCB) and Pedestrian Detection
• All-speed Radar Active Cruise Control2
• Adaptive High-beam System2
• Lane Departure Warning2
• Blind Spot Monitor2 (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert2
• Tyre Pressure Warning System
• Trailer Sway Control2
• Self-dimming Interior and Exterior Mirrors
• Anti-theft Horn with Intrusion and Rear Glass Sensors
LX 570 highlights
• 8 seat capability
• 5.7 Litre V8 Petrol Engine with Dual VVT-i
• Maximum Power of 270kW
• Maximum Torque of 530Nm
• 8-speed Automatic Transmission with Sequential & Paddle Shift
• Fuel consumption (Combined) - 14.4 L/100km1
• Drive Mode Select - COMFORT, ECO, NORMAL, CUSTOMISE, SPORT S and SPORT S+
• Dual Fuel Tanks - 138L Total Capacity
LX 450d standard equipment plus the following
• 19-speaker Mark Levinson®3
• Dual 11.6" Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) screens with HDMI input
LX 570 Enhancement Pack highlights
LX 570 standard equipment plus the following
• 21" Alloy Wheels
• Heated Steering Wheel
• Front Seat Ventilation
• 2nd Row Outer Seat Heating & Ventilation
• Semi-Aniline Leather-Accented Trim
LX 570 S highlights
LX 570 Enhancement Pack standard equipment plus the following
• Unique 'S' 21" Alloy Wheels
• Unique 'S' front grille and bumper skirts
• Unique 'S' tailgate badging
• Door courtesy lamps with 'LX S' projector illumination
• Front and Rear Performance Dampers
• Alloy Pedals
1 Achieved in test conditions for comparison purposes only. Actual fuel consumption varies depending on driving conditions/style, vehicle condition, load and options/accessories fitted. Source: ADR81/02 combined (L/100km).
2 Driver assist feature. Only operates under certain conditions. Check your Owner's Manual for explanation of limitations. Please drive safely.
3 Product & company names are trademarks of their respective owners.
4 Coverage dependent on vehicle location.
5 Manufacturer's list price provided for media purposes only. Statutory charges or other on-road costs not included. Optional extras at additional cost.
For more information, please contact:
Lexus Australia public relations
M: +61 466 612 742